This super easy mixed berry vodka spritzer recipe literally takes just seconds to make. It’s a great boozy drink to relax with after a long day or during the weekend.
Whether I’m looking to spend some time relaxing or having friends over for dinner on the weekend, I always like having (and serving) a nice drink. Mr. Savvy usually drinks beer, and while I like beer, most of the time I don’t like something too heavy tasting.
I always say I’m not super girly but one exception is my love for fruity and flavorful drinks. A bubbly and fruity chilled cocktail is certainly at the top of that list.
However, I don’t care to be bartender that much and as such, I like my drinks to be really simple. So, I love this super easy mixed berry vodka spritzer recipe that takes just a few ingredients and literally seconds to make.
Usually, I would make a simple syrup and blend up some berries, but that obviously takes more than a few seconds to put together. When I first made this recipe I used Dasani Drops in mixed berry flavor but, unfortunately, it seems to have been discontinued.
Some alternatives I have found include:
- Use another brand of water enhancers such as MiO Cherry Blackberry, SweetLeaf Mixed Berry, or Stur Blue and Blackberry
- Use Dasani Berry flavored sparkling water (or another brand with berry flavor) – for this one I would pair it with another berry element as it may not be flavorful enough
- Add some chilled mixed berry juice
- Muddle some fresh or frozen (that have been thawed) berries in the bottom of the glass before adding liquids. You may need to add a bit of sweetener of your choice according to the sweetness of the berries
Can Spritzer Drinks Be Made Ahead Of Time?
I don’t recommend making spritzers ahead of time. The key to a good spritzer is carbonation, which weakens the longer it sits.
How Can I Keep This Drink Cold Without Watering It Down?
Nothing is better on a warm day than a cold drink…until the ice melts and you’re left with a bland, watery drink.
For this particular spritzer, I recommend using frozen berries as your ice. They look beautiful in the drink and add extra flavor and keep things cold without adding extra water.
We also have a whole article dedicated to ways to keep drinks cold without watering them down.
Appetizers Perfect To Serve With Drinks
Drinks and appetizers go together perfectly. Here are some of my favorite appetizers and snacks to serve with drinks.
- Loaded Pulled Pork Curly Fries
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn
- Crispy Pineapple Habanero Chicken Wings
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Creamy Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
Here’s how I made the mixed berry vodka spritzer.
- In a 12 oz or larger glass add ice or frozen berries, if desired. I prefer to use the berries as they keep the drink cold without watering it down.
- Pour vodka over ice/berries.
- Add number of desired water enhancer drops to the vodka and berries.
- Slowly pour sparkling water over other ingredients.
- Gently stir your drink, taste to see if you want to add more vodka, sparkling water or water enhancer for your personal preference, and enjoy.
You can also use other liquors if you prefer, like rum. I sometimes like to add other fresh berries, too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
I hope you find this Easy Mixed Berry Vodka Spritzer Recipe delicious and refreshingly easy! You might enjoy this Berry Pomegranate Vodka Spritzer recipe, too.