This 3 ingredient homemade ice cream recipe takes just minutes to put together for some of the creamiest ice cream ever. The best part is you don’t even need an ice cream maker!
I don’t know about you, but no matter if it’s nearly 100° or even near 0°, I love ice cream year round.
Mr. Savvy and I recently took a few nice relaxing days for a long weekend and I made this homemade vanilla ice cream recipe.
Let’s just say it was SO good that I made 2 batches in 3 days. Yep, just for the 2 of us.
I think Mr. Savvy ate 3/4 of it himself and says he is now ruined for his favorite store-bought ice cream.
This holds quite the significance as Mr. Savvy is very picky about his ice cream. Let’s just savor the creaminess a moment more, shall we?
3 Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream Recipe Without an Ice Cream Maker
Mmmm. Ahem, no, of course, I’m not eating another spoonful while writing this post…
I am so in love with this ice cream for a few reasons. First of all, it only takes 3 ingredients that a lot of us always have around the house.
Secondly, it literally takes minutes to make, other than freezing time, and you can easily customize it to whatever flavor you want.
The thing I love most is that it doesn’t take an ice cream maker and yet is the creamiest ice cream I’ve ever made.
This is perfect for us because in our rental unit we have a tiny freezer that has no shelves and would be impossible to store one of the electric ice cream maker containers in.
More Ice Cream Recipes
- No-Churn Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream Recipe
- No-Churn Mocha Ice Cream Recipe
- Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- Homemade Vanilla Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
Easy Homemade Ice Cream Toppings
- Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- Macerated Fruit
- Homemade Fried Apples Recipe
- Easy No-Cook Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream, very cold – straight from the refrigerator
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Your choice of mix-ins (vanilla], berries, [chocolate], [caramel], [peppermint pieces], [cookies, etc.)
- Whip cream with mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form. Make sure you use cream straight from the refrigerator or it may not whip up properly.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl and stir in your desired flavorings and/or mix-ins. For this recipe I added a splash of vanilla to my cream as it whipped and a tablespoon to the milk. I would have also added some vanilla bean if we had any.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture until it’s well combined. You want to keep that creamy light texture, so don't take out any frustration on it. ;)
- Pour into a 1.5 - 2 quart freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours. I like using this 7-cup freezer-safe container by Rubbermaid or a 1 quart + .5 quart deli/soup container.
- Serve and enjoy while trying to not eat the whole container in one sitting. This ice cream is very creamy so you usually don’t need to leave it out to soften to scoop. This can depend on how cold your freezer is or how many mix-ins you put in.
Unless you're going to eat all of the ice cream within a few days I recommend placing some plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream before covering so it doesn't form ice crystals.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information may not be accurate. Optional garnishes and toppings aren't included. Nutrition information is calculated automatically by and provided by Nutritionix. Exact nutrition information depends on the specific ingredients, brands, and amounts you use.
I hope you enjoyed this 3 Ingredient Homemade Ice Cream Recipe Without an Ice Cream Maker – be sure to check out our other recipes!