Deviled eggs are always popular at any gathering, but the same old flavorings can get old. Change things up a bit with these 50 mix-ins and toppings for deviled eggs.
Growing up in the south, I don’t think I can remember any gathering where there wasn’t at least one platter of deviled eggs. I still love them to this day and our Southern Style Deviled Eggs Recipe is always a hit.
When Is National Deviled Egg Day?
A lot of other people apparently love deviled eggs too as there is even a National Deviled Egg Day on November 2nd! However, with as often as I make deviled eggs, sometimes the same old flavors get a bit boring after a while.
That’s why I decided to brainstorm and come up with these 50 mix-ins and toppings for deviled eggs. It’s amazing how you can change up the flavor and even make fancier deviled eggs just with an extra ingredient or two.
Be sure to chop up any mix-ins finely so they can be evenly distributed without any huge chunks.
- Pickles or Pickle Relish
- Onion – including pickled red onion
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Cayenne Pepper
- Green Onion
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Herbs – Especially Dill and Chives
- Smoked Salmon
- Sour Cream
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Cheese – Especially Feta, Goat or Cheddar Cheese
- Roasted Garlic
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Crab Meat
- Greek Yogurt or Cream Cheese
- BBQ – Shredded
- Creme Fraiche
- Hot or Tabasco Sauce
- Different Types of Salt
- Different Types of Mustard
- Truffles – Not the chocolate kind unless you’re feeling adventurous
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Various Flavors of Mayonnaise
- Chipotle Powder
- Anchovy Paste (Don’t knock it until you try it – anchovy is actually in a lot of dishes without tasting fishy!)
- Water Chestnuts
- Prosciutto (Can be fried to be like bacon!)
What are your favorite mix-ins and toppings for deviled eggs?