It almost never fails. You go away from home for just a day or 2 and feel like you have packed pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. Well, everything, you discover once reaching your destination, but your toothbrush, charger, medication or something else important. Mr. Savvy travels now and then for work for a day or 2 and I'll go with him now and then. Plus, to save money we often opt for a few day trips through out the year and the same thing happens to us. We forget to pack something. Sure, you can just buy another at your destination, but that can be difficult and expensive depending on what you forgot. Insert my making this handy list of 7 must haves for your overnight bag!
Thanks to U by Kotex® Pads for sponsoring our discussion about 7 must haves for your overnight bag! #SaveTheUndies
1. Extra Clothing - You plan to stay gone for only a day, but stuff happens. Maybe you drop something on your clothes. Or get caught in a torrential downpour. Or you end up having to stay longer than expected. Or insert a hundred other things here. For this reason, I always pack an extra outfit, including undies, just in case I need them. It's surprising just how often I do!
2. Medications - We get in such routines with our medication, which can actually make it easy to forget to pack. Make sure to pack an extra day or 2 of medications just in case you have to stay longer.
3. Electronic Accessories - I'll be the first to admit that I can't remember, possibly because it was so nightmare-ish, what life was like without gadgets to help all the doldrums of traveling to pass much more quickly. But, while it's easy to remember my phone and tablet, it's just as easy for me to not always remember to bring the chargers and a pair of earphones so I don't disturb others.
4. A Bottle of Water and Snack - We mainly travel by driving and you inevitably get stuck in traffic on a regular basis. Because of this, I always like to pack at least a small snack and bottle of water in my overnight bag just in case it's needed when we can't quickly stop by a convenience store.
5. Extra Child Care Items - Traveling can be a bit rough on younger kids who aren't used to it. Plus, it's never fun to run out of diapers at inopportune times. So, if you have kids, don't forget to pack some extra diapers, wipes, snacks, juice boxes and anything they normally use, plus maybe a game or 2 if traveling takes longer than expected.
6. A "Stay Sane" Item - Traveling itself isn't always full of sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes you get stuck in traffic. Sometimes the bed feels like you're sleeping on a pile of rocks. Other times your plans get canceled. And so on and so forth. For these times I like to have what I call a "stay sane" item. Something like a book, app, game, crossword, magazine, etc. that can keep me occupied and from getting frustrating from having to wait.
7. Personal Care Items - I always seem to forget my toothbrush or toothpaste. Mr. Savvy often forgets deodorant or body wash. I'm super picky about my shampoo and conditioner so I always like to pack those instead of depending on the hotel. But, I have to admit that as a woman (yes, men, you may want to avert your eyes at this point), one of the most important things for me to pack are at least a few U by Kotex Ultra Thin pads with 3D Capture Core.
I don't have the most regular of periods, so honestly it's pretty easy for me to forget that it's around that time of month, which ironically often happens when I'm not at home! So, having a few pads in my bag is great for those unexpected Aunt Flo moments. They're super thin so they don't take up much room, but they also have this super fancy 3D Capture Core that helps prevent leakage even if Flo is coming on super strong. I <3 being able to Save the Undies!
Want to try U by Kotex for yourself at no cost? Visit the U by Kotex landing page and request some free samples! Just click the Get Sample button, submit your information and your free U by Kotex samples will be on their way soon!