This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Feeling overwhelmed by the holidays? Check out these 5 ways to stay healthy during the holidays to help you keep your sanity.
One thing I miss from my childhood is how magical the holidays felt. I still enjoy the holidays as an adult but now the years just pass so quickly that it doesn’t even feel like it should be the holiday season yet.
Plus, we’re always concerned about making sure everything is perfect and super memorable for our young loved ones. So much so that we really stress ourselves out and totally forget to take care of ourselves like we should. That’s why I’m sharing 5 ways to stay healthy during the holidays.
1. Wash your hands. ‘Tis the season for colds and flu! When you’re stressed you’re more susceptible to getting sick. Wash your hands frequently to help keep nasty germs away that could make you sick.
2. Stay hydrated. Preferably with water and not sugary drinks. Staying hydrated has a lot of benefits including helping your immune stay strong and to keep you feeling awake and alert throughout your busy day.
3. Take some time for yourself. While the holidays are a time of fun and celebration, as I mentioned above they can also be quite stressful for many of us. That’s why it’s a must to take some time to destress, even if it’s just taking 5 minutes to hide in the closet enjoying your favorite snack without anyone else bothering you. With the weather getting colder I personally love ending the day with a hot bath as it not only helps me relax but also sleep better.
4. Remember memories matter more than “stuff”. Many of us are on a tight budget and trying to get awesome gifts for everyone on our list gets stressful quickly. Think about it, though. Do you remember every gift you got as a kid for Christmas? And if you do, did you honestly even enjoy them for more than a few months after getting them? Probably not. That’s why it’s so important to remember that memories matter more than the stuff. Go pick out a Christmas tree and decorate it as a family or get everyone in the kitchen together to make Grandma’s beloved pie recipe.
5. Get plenty of healthy vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. I love my fruits and veggies but during the last couple months of the year I’m all about the carbs with plenty of stuffing, casseroles, pies, cookies, and candies. Not exactly the most nutritious food ever. While I’ll make a point to get a salad in now and then I find the easiest way to get all the nutrients I need to help keep my immune system strong is to take Nature Made®vitamins and supplements.
I like using Nature Made® products for several reasons. For one, they are available at Walmart at really great everyday prices. No having to make a special, and expensive, trip to the health store or waiting for a sale to stock up. Also, Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended brand for many key dietary supplement categories*. Nature Made® has a variety of vitamins, minerals and supplements (VMS) to help support nutritional gaps with your health goals in mind ranging from Digestive Support, Heart Health & Function, Energy Metabolism, Women’s Health and much more!† Nature Made® vitamins and supplements: An easy, convenient way to help your body get the nutritional support it needs every day, whether it be to support bone health, immune health or energy metabolism (helping convert food into energy).†
Walmart Gift Card Giveaway
Be sure to head over to the Nature Made® Retailer Hub where you can learn more about Nature Made® available at Walmart and enter to win 1 of 60 $50 Walmart gift cards! No purchase necessary.
*Based on the 2016 U.S. News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease.