This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kimberly-Clark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Education is one of the most important factors that can affect our children for the rest of their lives. So, we of course all want to provide them the very best school experience and atmosphere as possible, right? How do we help that happen as parents? Check out these 5 ways to give back to your child's school for some easy ideas.
1. Join the PTA - One of the most popular ways to get involved in your child's school as a parent is to join the PTA, or other similar group the school may have. Meetings are generally held after school hours for parents to attend to discuss what is going on at the school, upcoming events, ideas, etc.
2. Volunteer at the School - Due to budgeting issues, schools are often understaffed for the amount of students they have. As such, volunteers are always in need. You could volunteer in your child's classroom as an assistant or chaparone at a field trip. You could also volunteer to help at events, make copies, put up bullentin boards, etc.
3. Organize a Fundraiser - Fundraisers are something we sometimes tend to love to hate as parents of school kids, but they are how many schools earn extra money for various projects. If you're tired of selling magazines and candy with your kids, why not offer to organize a fundraiser for the school? Bakesales and carnivals are a great way to get the whole community involved without involving a third party.
4. Donate Extra Supplies - Do you ever sometimes take some extra office supplies home from the office like pens and paper? Teachers are one of the few jobs that can actually have you taking supplies from home to take to your job! Many teaches fund extra supplies out of their own pocket and will thankfully accept extra supplies like markers, glue, crayons, pencils, tissues, etc. Money is also appreciated, especially during field trip time when some families may not be able to afford the cost.
5. Participate in the Box Tops Program - One easy way to give back to your child's school is through the Box Tops program. Box Tops are found on brand name items like food and even paper goods. Each box top is worth 10 cents for your school, all the way up to $20,000! You can even get bonus Box Tops when you buy Scott® or Kleenex© brand products at Sam's Club. I love buying paper towels and tissues at Sam's Club as they are always on the supply list. This way I can donate a bunch at once while not breaking my budget.
Do you have any other ideas for ways to give back to your child's school?