This post with 5 ways to motivate yourself to be more active is a sponsored post written by me. I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. #GetMotivated
This year, I've decided to be more serious about being more active. It's a new year's goal I typically make for myself each year, but as I'm sure most of you can relate to, I keep the habit up for a week or 2, but then deadlines and other distractions come into play and my goal dies off. While I've been keeping up with my plan pretty well so far, Mr. Savvy will be working from home starting next month, though, so I am hoping that we can help keep each other accountable by going on more walks together, etc. However, I have learned that it's always a good thing to have multiple sources of motivation, so I thought I would share 5 other ways to motivate yourself to be more active.
5 Ways to Motivate Yourself to be More Active
1. Establish a main goal for why you want to be more active. What's the main reason you want to be more active? Some ideas are to try to get healthier to be on less medications or reducing the effects of some diseases, to keep up with your kids, to feel better overall, to reduce stress, etc. The more important the reason is to you, the more likely you'll be motivated to get up and get moving.
2. Pick activities you really do love. You know how the saying goes about how if you do something you really love it won't feel like work? The same is definitely true for exercise! Whether it's walking, running, Zumba, riding a bike, etc., you'll likely never keep up with the habit if it's not something you really love doing anyway.
3. Track your activity. Did you know that studies have shown that those that track their activity, such as how many steps they take a day, are actually likely to be more active? I use a Jawbone UP that I got last year from Best Buy most days to track my steps to make sure I am going over or at least close to 10,000 steps a day. You can find a variety of health and fitness items at Best Buy. The funny thing is, it actually really does become a bit of a game seeing the numbers go up to make sure I meet that standard!
4. Make small obtainable goals. One downfall of any goal making is that we all tend to dream big and make a huge goal for ourselves. Dreaming big is great, but it's natural to want to give up if we don't make that huge goal. And, let's be honest; meeting that huge goal can often be impossible due to all the things that life throws at us. Instead, I'm a big fan of making small obtainable goals that I can achieve, celebrate and feel accomplished with. Some goals I started with were making sure I was up and moving at least 15 minutes a day or that I increased my footsteps by 100 a day.
5. Pump up the jams. If I ever need to hunker down and get something done, I always turn on some music. I'm a big fan of techno, dubstep and classic rock to get me moving. There's just something about the beat, and sometimes the lyrics, of music that motivates me to get in "the zone" and get moving without having to take any medications or pour caffeine down my throat. Heck, I even love listening to music while working to help motivate me to get more done and often end up even dancing in the chair! (Did I really just admit to that?) However, I've found you really need a good pair of earbuds to get the best music motivation while being active. You know, a pair that doesn't hurt or continuously fall out. That's why I love the idea of yurbuds with these awesome features:
- With yurbuds TwistLock™ Technology and FlexSoft Comfort Fit, these Stereo-Bluetooth® earphones lock in place comfortably and are guaranteed never to hurt or fall out
- Bigger Sound for music and calls provided by 15mm drivers
- Smart Battery powers a week's worth of workouts and provides visual and audible indicators when running low
- Dedicated Pairing Button for simple 1-touch pairing.
- Compatible with all Bluetooth® devices
Studies have shown that music can increase the intensity and duration of a workout by as much as 15%. Unfortunately, most people miss out on those benefits because their earphones hurt and fall out during active use. yurbuds was founded in 2008 by an Ironman Triathlete and a 24-time marathoner in response to that problem. Our products are ergonomically designed for comfort and exceptional fit, while providing best-in-class audio quality and durability. yurbuds is passionate about serving our customers and our community. We listen to and learn from our athletes to produce solutions to their needs. We are dedicated to innovating and creatively changing the industry of sport audio. Our goal is to empower athletes through exceptional products and services to help them to push past their barriers, reach new personal bests, and #neverstop.
“We’ve cut the cords so fitness enthusiasts have less in the way of achieving the perfect workout,” said Daniel DeVille, Director of Marketing for yurbuds. “Designed based on user feedback, we are excited to deliver best-in-class wireless earphones that solve the needs not currently met by other wireless earphones and meet the rigorous standards of even the top professional athletes."