Underwear may not be something you think about too often, but it certainly sees its fair share of abuse being the closest article of clothing to our skin. It's awesome when you find that perfect pair of undies that make your assets look great while still feeling comfortable. Consequently, it's fashionably heartbreaking when your favorite pair gets ruined by falling apart or that time of the month. I don't know about you, but I really loathe that last one because it seems like it happens almost every month no matter how well I try to plan!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kotex.
Luckily, there are a few ways to make your underwear last longer. Here are a few things I've been doing to #SaveTheUndies so I can stop wanting to cry about my favorite undies and more money ending up in trash.
1. Launder Your Underwear Correctly - Who all just tosses their undies in the washer/dryer with the rest of the laundry? *Raises hand!* Yep, I used to not really think otherwise about tossing my undies in with the rest of our clothing. However, if you look at the tag, the suggested laundering can include washing in warm water, by hand, and/or air drying. Laundering your undies correctly can definitely help them last longer instead of the materials losing their luster early on.
2. Store Your Underwear in a Proper Place - I'm totally not a clean freak, though sometimes I wish I was. Around here, it's not uncommon for clothes and underwear to stay in the dryer for a day or 2, in the laundry basket a few days or even in a pile on the bedroom or bathroom floor. However, that's not the safest place for them where they can turn into beds for the cats or get walked on. Store your undies in a clean drawer safe from your households elements where they can't get ripped or torn to help them last longer.
3. Have Several Pieces - The quickest way to wear out your undies is to frequently wear and then have to launder them. So, when you find pairs that you really like, be sure to buy a few upfront so they all last longer, instead of having to get a new pair every couple of months from wear.
4. Buy the Proper Size - Similar to a nice fitting pair of shoes, you also want well-fitting pairs of underwear. Underwear that is too large is so annoying when it keeps slipping down, not to mention it can make your pants hang oddly on your body. On the other hand, if they are even just a bit too small, you can quickly stretch them out or tear them into being unusable.
5. Ladies, Embrace U by Kotex Pads with 3D Capture Core - All right, this one is just for the ladies. We've all been there, right? It may be a bit TMI, but my periods have never been overly regular, so it's super frustrating to go to the bathroom and find what feels like a murder scene and your favorite pair of undies completely ruined. Mine can also periodically be on the heavy side, so I had delegated myself to a nice set of "granny panties" to wear during that time of month.
I love all the fun colors and designs!
Luckily, I just recently found out about U by Kotex Pads with 3D Capture Core, which boasts an one-of-a-kind center that locks away wetness to help stop leaks. Plus, they come in all sorts of absorbencies from regular to overnight. I can't wait to give them a try so I hopefully can put the granny panties away for good!
Want to try them out yourself? Head on over to grad your free U by Kotex sample pack!
Monday 16th of June 2014
This is a unique post. I love the panties in the picture! I love cute underwear. I never really gave much thought to the care of panties, but I just may now. Thanks for sharing!