This post with 5 tips for healthy winter hair is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Global Influence.
I always look forward to at least the beginning of winter for the colder weather. However, by the end of the season, I can't wait for less dry weather because of the havoc that my hair and skin have been through. This year, I plan to be prepared, though, with these 5 tips for healthy winter hair!
1. Don't use super hot water. I'll be the first to admit that when it's cold outside, I love nothing more than to warm up with a hot shower or bath. Unfortunately hot water does not do wonders for your hair because it can dry it out, and irritate your scalp. So, remember to go for a warm shower next time instead of steaming.
2. Protect your hair from the elements. Winter can have a variety of weather from freezing cold to freezing rain. None of these do favors to your hair, so it's a good idea to wear a hat when it's windy, raining, snowing, etc.
3. Keep yourself healthy. One of the best ways to keep healthy hair is to keep yourself healthy, too. Be sure to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables to get plenty of vitamins and minerals to keep your hair healthy, along with plenty of water to stay hydrated.
4. Don't over style your hair. We all want that perfectly styled winter look, but remember that any heat styling and stripping of your hair can dry it out and make it vulnerable to other issues.
5. Enrich your hair with quality hair care products. If you want healthy hair, you obviously want to use quality hair products. But, not all hair products that are good for your hair have to come with an expensive price tag. For example, one my favorite brand of hair care products is Suave as it helps my hair look great, but I can also find it at a great price at our local Walmart.
That's why I was excited to recently find out about the Walmart Suave Hub that's filled with a variety of awesome beauty tips, hair color tricks and more to help you live a better every day! Whether you're looking for the perfect look out to the park or a night on the town, you'll find helpful tips to feel and look your best.