This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Holmes Products. All opinions are 100% mine.
As a person that has constantly had to deal with allergens that had an effect on my breathing and health from a young age, I'm definitely a fan of making the air around me as clean as possible. It's certainly no fun to find yourself having difficulty breathing, along with regular coughing and sneezing, after all. So, one of the things I've been wanting to get recently is an air purifier, especially since I spend a lot more time inside during the colder months. Here's 5 reasons you need an air purifier that will have me investing one soon!
5 Reasons You Need an Air Purifier
1. It helps improves the air quality in your home. I think we've all heard about the studies that say our indoor air can be of a poorer quality than outdoor air. I've always thought this was alarming. Luckily, an air purifier can help a lot as it reduces airborne micro particles that can aggravate allergies and asthma like mold and dust spores.
2. It can help absorb odors. We love cooking and having the fireplace going during the colder months. But, our living space is completely open, which means the smells and smoke are really hard to contain. While I love our house, the smells can get downright sickening after a while, especially after cooking something like fish. I definitely love that an air purifier can help absorb odors!
3. It can help reduce airborne germs. Happy cold and flu season! Okay, maybe not so much. If you have kids in school or yourself or other family members work in an office, you know that you'll usually get the cold or flu at least once each season. You can lessen that chance with an air purifier, though, as air purifiers help to remove those germs from the air.
4. If you have pets, it helps reduce pet dander. We have a few cats that we love dearly, and thankfully we don't seem to react too badly to their dander unless it's direct contact. We do have a few friends that are allergic, though, so I also appreciate that an air purifier helps to reduce pet dander floating around the house.
5. It provides peace of mind that you can access anywhere. There's just something comforting about knowing you're providing you and your family healthier air to breathe. Some air purifiers, such as the Holmes® Smart Air Purifier I'm looking at, have some pretty cool tech, too. For example, this particular Holmes Air Purifier is powered by WeMo, which means you can access any controls and settings, and also notifications that you need to change filters, right from the app on your smartphone.
Check out this video for more information:
What are some reasons you need an air purifier in your home?