This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
There are so many food fads out there these days. Some last longer than others, but only a handful seem to really stick around long-term. Yogurt seems to be one of those, and I have to say I’m quite okay with that! I’ll admit that I didn’t love it so much as a kid, but as an adult I can’t seem to get enough. Here are 5 reasons to love yogurt, but I’m sure you have plenty of reasons of your own already. :)
5 Reasons to Love Yogurt
1. It’s healthy. Most yogurts contain probiotics which help keep your gut healthy. Plus, since it’s made from dairy it also contains a good amount of protein, calcium, etc.
2. It’s extremely portable. While you can buy huge containers, you can also buy single-serving containers that are great to take to work for breakfast. There are even freezable options for the kids to stick in their lunch box for lunch or a snack! I personally love mine as a snack at work.
3. You can use it as a healthier substitute. I use yogurt as a healthier substitute quite often. It’s great in the place of mayo, sour cream and buttermilk in many recipes and you can use it in baking. One of my favorite recent recipes is to use it in place of cream cheese when making cheesecake. Yogurt is often cheaper than cream cheese, while producing a lighter and more flavorful cheesecake, yum!
4. It comes in a variety of flavors and stands up well to many mix-ins. Variety is the spice of life, especially in the food world. I don’t know about you, but I certainly get tired of eating the same old thing over and over. That’s why I love that yogurt can be flavored in a variety of ways from chocolate to fruit. Plus there are a number of mix-ins you can use for flavor and texture like granola and nuts.
5. It’s available at just about any store that sells groceries. So many food fads are odd ingredients that can be expensive and hard to find. Not yogurt! Just about every grocery store I’ve been to has an awesome selection of yogurt. Even warehouse stores like Sam's Club® have a nice variety to choose from these days!
Doesn't this just look so yummy?!
I recently saw the Sam’s Club Yogurt Shop website and loved flipping through all the recipes for every meal from breakfast to dinner, including snacks! My favorite recipe was the Tomato-Basil-Ricotta Pizza. I never would have thought of putting yogurt on my pizza, but the idea of mixing the ricotta and yogurt together for an extra creamy pizza sounds just divine!
What’s your favorite recipe to use yogurt in or your reasons to love yogurt?