Summer’s almost here and bringing those hot as heck days along with it. Check out our ideas for 5 Indoor Summer Activities for When It’s Just Too Hot Outside to keep the whole family busy having fun.
I’ve lived in the south my entire life and generally like the weather. Here in Virginia we usually get to see all 4 seasons, but one thing is for sure. The summers can be absolutely sweltering, especially with the number of hot and humid days we have.
The older I get, the less I enjoy spending those days outside. So, I decided to put together our favorite 5 Indoor Summer Activities for When It’s Just Too Hot Outside.
1. Have a Craft Day – Kids and adults can both enjoy having a nice craft day in the cool AC. Drag out the art supplies and have everyone make their own artwork to put on the fridge or empty wall.
Make some flag crafts to help decorate for the upcoming Memorial Day and 4th of July cookouts. I personally love putting some different candies and chocolates into a decorative jar or container and making a nice tag to tie around it to give as thank yous or just because.
2. Visit a Local Museum or Aquarium – If you want to get out of the house a bit but don’t want to stay in the sun, making a day of visiting a local museum or aquarium can be both entertaining and educational.
The kids can learn something new and admire history at museums, while aquariums have the cool factor that kind of make you feel like you’re spending the day at the beach.
3. Have an Indoor Picnic – Everyone loves getting together for a picnic, but not when you have to feel like you’re roasting in the sun. Move some living room furniture if needed and put a few blankets on the floor to have an indoor picnic.
This Mandarin Orange Jello Fluff Salad is always a picnic must!
4. Read a Book – Whether it’s reading your kid’s favorite book to them or taking a few minutes to yourself to read and relax, it’s something most of us wish we could do more of.
I say a super hot day is the perfect reason to stay inside and catch up on your favorite book. What are you looking forward to reading this summer?
5. Go to the Movies – One of our favorite things to do when the weather isn’t so great and we want to get out of the house is go to the movies. We’ve already seen Age of Ultron and also look forward to Mad Max.