This post with 5 easy summer cleaning tips for your home is part of a sponsored post written by me on behalf of O-Cedar.
Between all the outdoor activities and the kids being home more, summer cleaning can get overwhelming. Check out our 5 easy summer cleaning tips for your home to make it easier! #Giveitawhirl #dirtbustersunite
The kids are home for the summer, which means there are plenty activities and everyone wants sweet frozen sticky treats or drinks to cool down with. This also means your home may go from squeaky clean to disaster area in, oh, 10 seconds or less. Instead of losing your cool with the family over all their messes this summer, implement some of our 5 summer cleaning tips for your home.
1. Involve the whole family in a quick and easy daily cleaning routine. We’ve all fallen into the trap of procrastinating about cleaning. That quick cleaning task that should take 5 minutes eventually piles up into an all-day cleaning affair and ain’t nobody got time for that during the summer! To keep this from happening, make cleaning a family activity first thing before the day’s fun activities begin. Give everyone a quick and simple activity such as sweeping the floor, wiping down the counters or putting away the dishes and you’ll be done before you know it and ready to have summer fun.
2. Prevent outdoor messes from coming inside. We’re all constantly going outside and then back in during the summer. A lot of times when we’re coming back in, we’re also bringing in things like sand, dirt, and grass, and sopping wet clothes. Tracking in all the outdoor fun can wreak havoc mess on your floors quite quickly. To help prevent outdoor messes from coming inside, have a heavy-duty mat at all the exterior doors to help trap all the sand, dirt and grass from feet and shoes. If your family spends a lot of time in the pool, ocean or sprinklers, you may want to keep some big towels by the door to wrap yourselves in instead of letting water drip everywhere.
Remember that pets can bring messes inside, too. We let our cats out into the screened-in sunroom and they ran through some wet dirt after a storm, bringing in dirty paws that landed on our bathroom sink.
3. Make putting away clutter easy. When the kids are at home more, it also usually means there’s more clutter. If your kids tend to be bad about putting toys away and taking care of their dirty dishes and snack trash, be sure putting away clutter is easy and kid-friendly. Have dedicated bins or shelving for toys, and trash cans and/or recycling bins the kids can easily access to help. If the kids tend to “forget” these chores, implement a rule that they can’t go out for fun activities until it’s taken care of.
4. Keep bathrooms dry. Bathrooms tend to get hit hard during the summer. Since it’s hot and sticky outside, many of us take more than one shower a day. Plus, if your family likes to have fun in the water, there’s lots of extra laundry from all the swimsuits. It’s important to keep bathrooms dry, especially this time of year, though. Mold and mildew can grow extra quickly with the warm and already humid conditions. So, be sure to keep wet laundry in hampers or toss it straight into the washer. Also, keep fans running while in the shower and keep the door, or maybe even a window, open to help keep the walls dry after you’re done.
I used to hate mopping, but now that I have the O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop, I don’t have to be on my hands and knees, and mop much more often.
5. Have quick cleaning items on hand. One of the biggest things that hinders me from keeping a clean home during the summer is knowing I have to drag out huge cleaning equipment or that it’s going to be cumbersome to use. While those are fine for those deep cleaning days, when it’s hot, humid and I’m already tired, I need something that I can use quickly. That’s why I always have cleaning wipes, a light-weight cordless vacuum and my O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop on hand.
Since we have a lot of hard floors, I need to mop a lot with a high-quality mop, but the traditional system does NOT make for a happy back for myself. Thankfully, I tried out the O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop earlier last month and our floors have never been so clean ever since, along with my back being thankful. Now that I don’t have to get on my hands and knees to give the floor a good scrub, mopping is one chore I no longer procrastinate over.
The O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop & Bucket System has a built in wringer activated by a high quality foot pedal allowing you to control the level of moisture. Cleaning your floors has never been this much fun. The built in splash guard prevents overspray onto surrounding floors and walls, and the triangular mop head reaches into corners with deep cleaning microfiber strands to attract dirt and grime. The head is washable, and refills are also available. The telescoping handle extends to 48 inches and can collapse for easy storage. EasyWring Spin Mop & Bucket System is proudly assembled in the USA. Visit http://ocedar.com to learn more and like them on Facebook.
What are some easy summer cleaning tips for your home that you use?