We all love having festive green foods on St. Patrick's Day. Celebrate a bit more naturally this year with these 36 naturally green foods for St. Patrick's Day.
To me, one of the most fun things to do for St. Patrick's Day is to think of a variety of fun green foods for the holiday. I guess I can thank the foodie in me for that.
There are a variety of green-themed foods out there that you can purchase pre-made or make yourself like candies, cupcakes, and even green eggs and ham.
I don't know about you but for some reason, I tend to get boxed in on thinking of foods that need food coloring to become green.
This year I've resolved myself to eating a more natural diet. So, while I will still indulge in some homemade green velvet cupcakes, I also wanted to think of some naturally green foods for St. Patrick's Day.
I really thought I would struggle to come up with a sizeable list. Honestly, once I started thinking about it, I realized there are a ton of naturally green foods for St. Patrick's Day I could be serving.
Most of these green foods just happen to be super healthy and full of awesome vitamins, minerals all that healthy stuff we're supposed to have more of, too. How awesome is that?
I know I'll have no problem chowing down on some yummy green cabbage, grapes, and broccoli for St. Patrick's Day!
36 Naturally Green Foods for St. Patrick's Day
- Cucumbers - Check out these 30+ recipes using cucumbers.
- Green Apples - Love making these fried apples with green granny smith apples.
- Green Grapes
- Celery - Lots of green veggies go great with this cheesy bacon ranch dip, like celery.
- Spinach - I love using spinach in these mini frittatas.
- Green lettuces
- Collard and other greens
- Cabbage - I love using lots of cabbage in these Irish-Style mashed potatoes that are also great for St. Patrick's Day.
- Honeydew melon
- Green pears
- Asparagus - See our 5 tips for buying fresh asparagus and our easy roasted lemon asparagus recipe.
- Broccoli Rabe (rapini)
- Brussels Sprouts - These cherry bacon brussels sprouts are so good.
- Green Beans - My favorite recipe for green beans.
- Green Peas, snow peas, and sugar snap peas
- Green Onions/scallions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Green Chilies
- Parsley, dill, basil, and many other herbs - There's a lot of fresh green herbs in this beautiful cucumber salad.
- Green olives
Sunday 15th of December 2019
Smart Savvy Living
Monday 16th of December 2019
Thanks for another great herb idea, Lily!
Friday 11th of December 2015
Wow, what an extensive list. I tried to list more green foods, but it's impossible :)
I love green foods they make me so healthy.
Thursday 26th of February 2015
This is brilliant- I might even be able to get my five year old to eat healthy stuff if I tell him it's for St. Patrick's Day!
Thursday 19th of February 2015
Holy cow! you came up with a much bigger list then I would have! Those are some great ideas. I love edamame as a snack with a little salt!
Thursday 19th of February 2015
I absolutely LOVE vegetables - so this is like the ultimate green snack list for me lol Edamame is my favorite. Even my 5 year old will eat the entire bowl when I steam and salt them. Delicious ideas!